Kofax has launched the newest version of their PDF solution – Power PDF 5.
The heart of Power PDF remains unchanged with a focus on business users and enabling users to be able to work with PDF files by creating, converting, and editing files. This new launch comes with a raft of new features including:
- A Mobile application for marking up PDFs from your Android or iOS device and syncing back to a repository such as Dropbox.
- New automation tools for working with PDF files – the ability to remove blank pages, add watermarks and much more.
- A collaboration server for enterprise access from anywhere in the world which embraces the hybrid workforce
- Fuzzy search to never miss something that needs to be found or redacted! If you’re searching a PDF file and you make a typo, or the original document has a typo in it often this will lead to missing important data – no more with this innovation.
- KLS (Kofax Licensing Server) is only available in the volume options and allows organisations to manage their licensing more easily. It must be loaded and maintained on their own server.
- Along with many new features there are also many feature enhancements. You can download a full document here.
The solution is available as individual download copies (ESD) for the Standard and Advanced Edition and not all features are included in the Standard solution or standalone Advanced Edition. The Advanced Edition as a volume licensing deployment is designed for the enterprise. Volume licensing starts from just 5 seats.
It’s important to equip all staff members with a secure and robust PDF tool for creation, conversion and editing purposes. PDF is a global format that has been widely adopted over the past 20 years and encountered by business users daily.
Kofax have been creating PDF tools for 20 years. They know the key is putting the everyday tools needed in the hands of business users. With the launch of version 5, they have also released new licensing options. There are now 3 licensing solutions:
- Perpetual VLA – traditional licenses as per previous versions
- Perpetual VLA with KLS
- Term or Annual Subscription licenses which includes KLS
Maintenance and Support (M&S) is now compulsory on Perpetual license purchases. Multiple years of up to 5 years can be purchased in advance. M&S increases by 5% per annum so purchasing multiple years up front locks in pricing ahead of that annual increase and locks in the current exchange rate.
For Term licenses customers can also purchase multiple years up front to a maximum of 5 years. The pricing gets more attractive when broken down per annum. The most common term overseas is 3 years, and we expect to see that adopted here in NZ also. The Term or Annual Subscription license has the flexibility organisations may need when considering whether software required for a project will be capex or opex. A consultative conversation with customers who need a PDF solution is essential.
There are 15-day trial versions available to test it out for yourselves.
- Power PDF Advanced ESD (standalone solution) = https://www.kofax.com/products/power-pdf/advanced-free-trial
- Power PDF Advanced Enterprise (volume license solution for 5+ users) = https://www.kofax.com/products/power-pdf/enterprise-free-trial
- Power PDF Standard ESD (standalone solution) = https://www.kofax.com/products/power-pdf/standard-free-trial
PDF is an essential business tool and Kofax is committed to equipping organisations with their cost-effective and robust tool.
For more information, contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.